Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday








I didn't finish my last blog. Started to tell about our wet summer, too much rain! This past week has been dry and the gardens need to be watered. The ground is almost as hard as cement and I am not going to hoe or rototill. Daughter Cathie and husband are way so I am in charge of picking the raspberries, and peas, and getting them ready for freezer.





We still don't know what attacked the chickens, so still a mystery. My neighbor has a yard sale going, lots of good stuff. And cheap, I bought a blue jug, bathroom scale and a notebook for a loonie. Today I painted the back deck, took two and half hours to do. I may put another coat on tomorrow.




Wednesday




Computer was down. Lighting! We had a real banger on Monday evening with rain, A cow belonging to a neighbor was killed by a lighting strike. Cathie and husband arrived home Monday at 6:00 p.m. in the middle of the thunder storm. They left BC on Sunday morning and some 2800 kilometers later were home.

No comments:

Post a Comment