Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tis November!



A friend of my son in law is building this
1600 sq ft cottage! This is Steep Rock Cottage Development, gone are the rustic summer cottages of yesteryear, now people are constructing retirement homes. They were sheating the house in preparation for the snows of winter Can you see the lake , the picture below is the view facing the lake.






The weather here has been changeable We experienced a weather bomb back in October-three days of rain and high winds. It played havoc with Lake Winnipeg, the strong north winds caused erosion and flooding along the south shores. Six to eight foot waves crashing onto houses along the shore taking away dikes, sand dunes, boardwalks My yard was a lake, my house an island , and my sidewalk became a causeway! I had watered and fertilized my spruce trees in preparation for winter, which you are supposed to do, if I had known we were to get all that rain, oh well! Since than the weather has been summer like, here it is November sixth and a forecast of 11 deg today.

No comments:

Post a Comment