Friday, December 24, 2010

Port Townsend

We took a day trip to Port Townsend in Washington State. This is a 2 hour drive from Karen and Andrews in Mission B.C. A half hour ferry ride across Puget Sound and you are in a very turn of the century town. It was the hope of the then community that they would become the capital, and seaport of the State. Somehow Seattle got the seaport, and Olympia became the capital. It has languished over the years, for us to now enjoy its architure, and its victorian charm. Shops were full, great to browse through, did not buy anything. It was a fun day!






















































1 comment:

  1. Remember me? I've just got your beautiful card and letter so I came straight here! I'm glad you've been following my blog too. I shall go and get a cup of tea and then read back and see what I've missed.

    BTW, Blogger moves me around the country - I'm presently in Ebbw Vale but it was Shropshire a few weeks back!

    Happy New Year from me and all the family here. Jennie xx

    ReplyDelete