Monday, December 6, 2010

Greetings from Mission!

When I arranged my flight plan to Abbotsford, (no direct flight to Abbotsford) I chose the Winnipeg, Edmonton Abbotsford route, as it had only a 30 minute wait in Edmonton , arrived Edmonton to hear my connecting flight was late, 2 hours to be exact. Arrived Abbotsford , one lost piece of luggage! which they found the next day, they gave me a nice reduction on my next flight with Westjet.
Daughter Karen and I attended the Leonard Cohen concert on Dec. 2nd. We left her house at 4:00 p.m. drove for 2 hours to the Lonsdale Quay, parked her car where she works. Had dinner, took the sea bus, then the sky train to the Rodgers Center and arrived in ample time for the show. The show was sold out, but why do some people arrive late for shows. Oh well, parking is difficult in downtown Vancouver. The show was awesome! This guy is 76 years old, he has a backup group of three women who are great harmonisers, plus guitar, sax, keyboard, drum, organ it was 3 hours of fabulous music Friday night we were in downtown Mission to watch the annual Candlelight Parade, one and a half hours long! Marching bands, floats were all lit up with lights, fire trucks, train, scouts, choirs, horses, nativity parade with real donkeys. Temperature was around 0 and no rain! Karen has been busy cramming for an exam she is writing on Tuesday, on Automobile Insurance. So Andrew and I disappeared so she could study. Yesterday went to IKEA, and then visited my brother in Burnaby. The sun was shining and we had a good view of Mount Baker, and the snow capped coast mountains
to the north I will send pictures later, writing this on Karen's computer.
Grandma Al

No comments:

Post a Comment